Thursday, March 24, 2011

A list of vegetables and fruit Cooper can tolerate

Like any four year old Cooper doesn't always want to eat what is good for him. This includes vegetables. Over the years we have arrived at this list. I stick to this as it seems to provide us with the safest results. I use everything in moderation.

I have one great receipe that hides veges but we can't eat home made sausage rolls with hidden vegetables every night for dinner. The link to the recipe is below I modifed it for his FRUCTMAL.

Here is the list of vegetables, fruit and herbs below that Cooper can tolerate:

Carrot: raw and cooked
White Potato
Sweet Potato
Peas
Corn (small amount)
Brocolli
Cucumber
Snow peas (cooked)
Lettuce
Bean Sprouts (white)
Chickpeas (small amount)
Bok Choy (he would say Yuk)
Celery
Parsley
Turnip
Spinach
Butternut Pumpkin
Eggplant

Herbs:
Mixed Dry herbs
Parsley

Fruit:
Avocodo
1 banana small
Strawberries
Blackberries
Grapes (only a small handful)
Kiwi
Peach
Nectarine
Rockmelon (small amount)
Orange (small amount 3 slices)
Pineapple (small amount)
Raspberries

Modified sausage roll receipe with hidden vegetables.
http://www.masterchef.com.au/sausage-rolls-with-hidden-vegetables.htm

We only use the following ingrediants:


1 tbs nuttlex (margarine dairy free) Yes we still use it.
1 large carrot, peeled, grated
1 tbs olive oil
2 thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
sprinke of garlic powder (very small amount)
350g beef mince
350g pork mince
sprinkele wild oregano
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (cornflake crumbs)
Frozen puff pasty
1 egg yolk, lightly whisked (only used to brush pastry)

5 comments:

Chapter Forty said...

When my children had these sausage rolls at your place they absolutely loved them, I think their Dad did as well.

macocha said...

Oh, I will have to try this. Thank you! So he does okay with Cucumber? I have not tried that yet with my daughter.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the lists and recipe! My daughter, who is 2 and a half has had stomach pain almost every night of her life. It varies in degrees from all out screaming, stiff in pain more often throughout the night, to the more subtle writhing and discomfort of most nights. I had her doing the best ever with just rice and rice flour baked products, but everything else seems to cause some reaction. And she can't survive on rice. We will just keep trying things...thanks for all your support.

Liz said...

Yes cucumber is safe. a dietician gave it to us as a safe food for Cooper. I use it all the time on his sandwiches with ham. Or just as a snack.

Liz said...

Oh Rachel. My heart just goes out to you and your little girl. I'll email you today. When Cooper was 2 hrs he could not tolerate most of the foods in my list, but I will let you know what he ate in the email.