Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No Luck with the new sweetner

Well sorry to say but Cooper got tummy aches from the sweetner. I doubt it was the Stevia but they add another compound which from what I know probably didn't agree with his sensitive little tummy. It probably was fine in a small amount e.g. 1 teaspoon in pancakes. I made a cake for his birthday with equal parts to sugar. We all sat down to eat the chocolate cake and it was bitter and almost had a hot aftertaste. My daughter said 'Mummy it tastes funny. I couldn't eat it either but Coops devoured it and so did my husband. Does that say something about males tastebuds? Anyway my darling boy got a tummy ache on the night of his birthday. Not a major one but still not pleasant on your 4th birthday.
Well I have learned that stevia sweetners don't work as a substitute for sugar especially in baking. You live and learn.

So we are back to square one again.

1 comment:

macocha said...

Oh the poor thing! I haven't tried it based on the feedback I have found on this sweetner. Hope it did not last long!